Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bug bites and bubble baths

Bath time has turned into a sporting event at our house. If I so much as mumble "bath"...the hysterics begin. Clothes begin to fly...feet shuffle to the stairs...voices become high pitched while squealing "bath,bath,bath". Mind you, this is all Amelia. Elise doesn't become interested in the bath until she figures out that Amelia is heading upstairs and she might possible get one of her "favorite" bath toys. Yowsa...

I'm so excited that I can finally give Amelia a "horn". Her hair is finally growing and not so dry. She even has that "Don King" look in the morning. Makes me laugh when I first see her.
I know this is a little disturbing...but she seems to like it. The more bubbles, the better.


Finally, what's up with my kids and mosquito bites??? The first summer that Elise was home I took her to the doctor for what I thought was some sort of growth/reaction...it was a mosquito bite. Yep, boy did I feel stupid. Here I am...the mother of two boys ages 10 & 12 and I don't know what a bug bite looks like. But look at this poor child's cheek! This is TWO days AFTER the mosquito was shooed off the poor girls face. We try to make sure that they have on bug spray, but it was 4 p.m.~still way early! Lesson learned...all children must be appropriately doused with bug spray by 4 p.m. The sign is now posted in my kitchen

No comments: