Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One week left....



In just one week, the final set of casts will come off. I can hardly believe it, but I'm so ready for that day to come. I'm actually releasing control and I'm going to let Steve return to St. Louis without me. Can you believe it? I'm going to stay home and attend some wrestling "stuff" with Tucker. He actually has his body fat assessment on that day and I don't want to miss it for fear of the outcome being bad. I don't think it will be bad, but I just want to be there.

So to think that in one week Amelia will have her first "real" bath in just over eight weeks, or is it nine? Who's counting anyway. I keep talking to her about it and she doesn't seem to really care.

She's adjusted to the short-legged casts pretty well. She doesn't care for the "shoes" and takes them off now. I just let her go and tell her that she'll just have to slip and slide around if she' doesn't want to wear them. Right now she's standing up on the hardwood floors playing at the vanity so she seems to have adapted just fine.

I'm working on getting things decorated for Christmas....trying to stay ahead of the game! HA HA HA HA HA....I crack myself up!

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

WOW! That must be an amazing feeling! Can't wait to hear how she liked her "real" bath.

Donna said...

Congrats, Kim!! I know you must be SO happy to see those last casts come off!