Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer time....swimming time

Amelia has a new love....the swimming pool. I didn't think it was going to be so much of a hit with her on the first day. She was very resistant to being in the water without me holding her. But on day TWO...this is what we saw....


It was so refreshing to see that genuine smile on her face. As you can see, we are deep into the "What's that?" phase. She's also talking a ton. I can get a three word sentence out of her if I poke and prod. By the way...that sound in the background is not static. That is the sound of cicadas singing in the trees surrounding the pool. I didn't think we were going to get the little buggers this year. We were invaded about 4 years ago with a huge brood. But alas, they are EVERYWHERE around our house since we have long standing trees.


We have planned a family vacation to the beach. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: