Friday, October 10, 2008

ATTT Surgery

Amelia had her ATTT (Anterior Tibial Tendon Transfer) surgery this week. Dr. Dobbs was very happy with the surgery and the flexation of Amelia's feet. We are so happy to have this behind us, but the next four weeks will be tough. She is not allowed to bear any weight on her feet for four weeks. For a little girl that has just started walking, this is devastating. She has been in plaster casts for the past two weeks to stretch her feet and tendons before the surgery and she actually got to the point where she could walk in them. I've included a video at the end of the slide show showing her walking. It's rather choppy, but you can get the jest of her attempt.

We covet your prayers for patience and acceptance during the next four weeks. I've been a little absent from blogging, I plan on changing that. Enjoy the photos from the hospital. They are a little grainy~must have had the aperture setting on.


1 comment:

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Kim, thanks for sharing the photos of Amelia's surgery! She looks like she did well. I love the photo of you holding her while she is sleeping, I'm sure that is rare. :) I will keep her in my prayers, Emma wants to meet her!!