Wednesday, March 5, 2008

St. Louis...HERE WE COME!!!!



After lots of praying, surfing the net, asking for advice, culling information from groups, we made the decision to go to St. Louis and see Dr. Dobbs. He is a highly recommended orthopedic doctor that deals with older children with club feet. I have gotten ZERO negative feedback about him. He sounds like an amazing doctor with incredible gifts. It's not that I believe the doctor in Cincy can't do the work, I just know the Dr. Dobbs CAN do the work. He has a proven track record of many major successes with atypical club feet.


Our appointment is on March 25th, Amelia's second birthday. Poor little thing is going to get a "lovely" birthday gift. I feel so bad for her. She is so very close to actually walking and now she probably won't walk before her birthday. We are sad that she is going to have to start all over, but we are excited for her to get her feet fixed correctly and move forward.


We went back outside today...it was a little cold, but I took a few photos just so she could see where she was at at this point in time. Amelia has such tiny, tiny feet. She doesn't have a very sound foundation to hold up that belly and that melon head of hers. It's no wonder she tips over.



Strollin' with Pooh



Ignoring Momma

I Love You!

Amelia just started telling me that she loves me...music to my ears!

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

AWWWWWW! What a sweetheart!

I think you're doing what's best in the long run, and that's all you can do. It must be hard for you. But I'm glad you came up with a decision about the doctor! Praying that all will go well with Amelia's feet!

The Browns said...

Those are good videos. Thanks for including them. And the feet photos help in understanding the problem. Be careful driving to St Louis. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take Care. Jerry