Monday, March 5, 2007

YIPPEEE.......We have been MATCHED

I like to call it matching...because that's what happens. The committee at Harrah's meets and they "match" the child and family together based on their criteria and I would imagine "debate". I'm sure it's a lengthy process.

We've been through it once...in September and we were NOT matched. It was not fun. But we also knew that we would probably not be matched the first time around based on statistics etc. and we're all about statistics in this house.

At 5:22 p.m. today, my phone rang. I was preparing a tax return for Elise's Godmother, Jena and her beautiful little girl, Abby (Abbycadabby). She knew I was waiting for a call one way or another. I reached for the phone and saw that is was "Spring, Texas" on the caller ID. I looked at Jena and said this is it. I'm pretty sure she was holding her breath. I took a deep breath, picked up the phone and said "Hello". Erin laughed and said, "I heard that deep breathe!"

At that point, I knew it had to be good. She said, you have been matched. Jena and I were doing the "Snoopy Dance" all around my kitchen. The dog was going crazy and Elise was busy watching "The Wiggles" and jumping on her trampoline.

So we are the proud parents of the beautiful Gou Si Yuan in Sichuan Province. She will be one on March 25th. There's not much more to say at this point. But I'll be sure to post more tomorrow!

We pray that travel is quick...but then there's Philmont in June. I hope there is not a conflict. But I'm trusting God to handle all of this.

I'm just praying that God makes things happen the way they should!

I'll post photos at a later time. I'm not too sure what I can and can't say right now so I'm being conservative! Keep checking back! This is so exciting!

Blessings,
Kim

3 comments:

Andrea M said...

Such wonderful news! Congratulations on your new baby girl. What a wonderful blessing!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to thank you for posting your blog... we are one of the heartbroken families that were praying to be Si Yuan's parents. We also have three children, twin bio sons and a 2 year old daughter from China. We are believers and KNOW that God chose you for Si Yuan and that is His will... we are so happy for you! I am blessed to know she will grow up in a Christian family... thank you for letting us follow your journey, as it is very healing! (This is our first time at the WC thing...)
Blessings to you all! Quick journey! Mark and Kathee Shoger - Maryland wumpis@yahoo.com

Kim and Mike, New Jersey said...

We are so happy for you. Si Yuan is very luck to be joining such a wonderful family. Praying for a speedy TA