Sunday, July 15, 2007

Final thoughts for this evening....

I've finished unpacking all the suitcases and they are put away to make room for a crib. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm rather freakish about unpacking my luggage. Poor Steve, he just finds a corner and stays in it. My face is washed, teeth are flossed and brushed and I'm nearly ready for bed.

I finished "assembling" the gifts for the nannies and officials for tomorrow. Although our guide said that gifts are not necessary and that there is nothing too small, I'm always afraid that will be the case.

Anyway, I made 10 origami type gift bags out of red card stock with a pretty stamped "Asian" design on the front. Each bag contains four small note cards with a koi stamped on it and four envelopes with love, harmony, tranquility and wisdom stamped in Asian and English on it. I know it sounds a little weird, but Christine made me do it since I have all these great Asian stamps. There are also three Ghirardelli chocolates in each bag. Then there are three larger gift bags (store bought) with one or two packs of Marlboro cigarettes (Chinese love American cigarettes) and one or two boxes of Whitman Chocolates in it. These are for the officials that do the adoption paperwork. Once again, gifts are not necessary or expected. I just like doing it. Finally, I have a baby doll, blanket, Cheerios, Gerber Puffs and a photo album for Amelia. These items are identical to the ones I sent in her care package. I bought two of everything in case they don't give them to her tomorrow.


Gifts for Amelia, the nannies and the officials

Gifts for the officials

Gifts for the nannies


For Miss Amelia SiYuan Wells


As I ponder tomorrow and the restlessness of tonight (nervous energy), it doesn't seem possible that tomorrow I will be responsible for another little life.

It doesn't seem possible that....
Tomorrow, two little girl's worlds will be turned upside down.

Tomorrow, Elise will become a big sister (probably much to her dismay).

Tomorrow, I will begin a crash course in juggling two small children at once for the first time in my life.

Tomorrow, I will learn how to sit two little girls on my lap at one time.

Tomorrow, a little Chinese girl will be placed into the arms of a lady that she has only seen in photos and may recognize from the scent of her blanket that I slept with for a week before I sent it to her.

Tomorrow, Gou Si Yuan will become Amelia SiYuan Wells.

Tomorrow, I will have four children.

Tomorrow, the world will have one less orphan (thanks for reminding me of that Jerry).

Tomorrow, we will cease being the "Wells Fab Five" and become the "Sensational Six".

Tomorrow, a new journey and a new life begins for all of us. Please continue to lift us up in prayer as we step onto this great trail of life that God has laid out in front of us. I know from my recent trip to Philmont....it's one step at a time to get to the top of the ridge. Sometimes the steps are smaller than others. Sometimes you sing silly songs or do your multiplication tables to get through the tough spots. But it's so beautiful once you get to the top of that mountain. Anything is possible.
"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength"

That's me....at 11,700 feet....on top of Mt. Phillips, Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, New Mexico. June 28, 2007 (yes that is a phone in my hand)
(I did hike up that mountain with a 45 pound backpack. I have to say, it is one of the greatest things I have ever accomplished The best part is that I did it with my son, Tucker. )

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Just catching up on all of your posts and looking at all the photos. Looks like you are having a great trip. I look forward to the next post from the Sensational Six. My heart and prayers are with you.
Lisa

The Browns said...

Kim,

I hope a weather will clear up so you can really enjoy the sights in Chengdu.

Hmmmmm.....the "Wells Fab Five" and "Sensational Six"... I'm going to have to make up a name for our family.

I hope tomorrow is everything you imagined it would be... but more importantly, that it's everything God wants it to be... since I believe it's God who works in our hearts, to make us want to do more than we would have done, and make us able to love more than we would have loved.

Take Care.

Jerry

Ruth said...

Kim, Can't wait to see pictures of Amelia in your arms!!! I love the thought that the world will have one less orphan! One at time is how it gets done!!

Blessings,
Ruth

Unknown said...

Kim and family...
We are so thrilled that I have goosebumps!!! Right now it is 11:30 am China time and you must have Amelia in your arms! Truly this is how God intended it to be and we are so thankful to be able to lift you guys up in prayer!
We can't wait to see your next post!!!
Congratulations on your new daughter!
Kathee (ying ying's mom, QT7)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I never thought of giving CIGARETTES! But I guess it makes sense, since many smoke over there.....