Tuesday, July 10, 2007

All our bags are packed....

Yes, we are leaving our house in just about 45 minutes and I'm blogging one final time before we depart for China.

We leave 3:30 EST and arrive in China on July 12 at around 10 a.m. Yep, it's gonna be a long one.

We are flying China Southern out of LAX. We upgraded to premium economy for the long, long flight. I can't wait! HA!!!!! The flight is at 11:50 p.m Pacific Time, that's 2:40 a.m. here. YOWSA! Oh well, we'll survive.

I've packed and shoved and purchased and bought and stowed everything I can think of. If it's not in the bags, then it's not going to China.

Elise is excited and decided that she was going to have a "sit-in" in the kitchen until we left. She wasn't grasping the concept that the airplane wasn't leaving for another 5 hours and we weren't leaving for another 2 hours.

So, I'm excited and nervous and everything that I should be. I'm more relaxed to a certain degree this time as opposed to the last time. Maybe that's because I know a little of what to expect. But then again, I didn't make the trip with a three year old the last time. That will be the challenge.

My sister, Candy and step-mother, Lisa will be joining us. It was a push to get their passports. It required lots of begging and pleading. But they finally arrived (while I was in Philmont). We expedited our VISAs and now we are ready to go. It should be an excellent journey to experience with my family. I'm very excited about that.

That's all I can blog for now. I have to get Tucker from summer gym and make sure he's clear on all the instructions while I'm gone. I've got lots of excellent friends helping take care of him while I'm gone. I think that's the hardest part, leaving him here.

We're off......keep us in your prayers. I promise to blog often and send lots of photos.

God is good, ALL THE TIME!
Kim

4 comments:

Andrea M said...

I am so happy to see this post! I kept checking waiting to see more news. Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see pictures of you with your sweet little girl :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You ARE in my prayers. I will be watching ......hope all goes well!

Janet

The Browns said...

Thanks for the blog link. I wish we were going with you again this time. Enjoy seeing new things during your first week... then... when you get to the White Swan... don't forget to get some Magnum bars at the 7-11 store... hmmmmm.

Have a great trip! Keep us posted. We'll be thinking about you.

Jerry

The Browns said...

Wow... Kim... your flight was more "eventful" than one normally wants a flight to be! Hopefully the flight to Chengdu will be easier. Good luck with the jet lag.

The Forbidden City had so much to see, it will be nice for you to have a second chance to take it all in. You should buy one of those picture books they sell just past the gate area; the photos and captions are great.

Thanks for the pictures. I'm looking forward to photos from Chengdu (I've viewed photos of that city on TrekEarth to get a feel for where you're going).

Enjoy the sights, the sounds, and thoughts of the little girl who's waiting for you.

Say hi to Steve and Elise. Take Care

Jerry