Friday, July 13, 2007

THANKS Jerry Brown and random thoughts and Mystery Photo

I have to tell you that I have some of the greatest friends! My friends, Jerry and Vicki Brown, adopted their daughter, Rebecca, at the same time we adopted Elise. The girls are from the same orphanage and are very close in age. We try to get together as much as possible so the girls can maintain that connection. We do keep in close contact via email.


Jerry has been following our journey and he quickly picked up the comment about not being able to read my blog. Jerry wanted to know if I could read the comments and I can not from the blog. So Jerry, being the very thoughtful and technical guy he is, forwarded everyone's comments to me. It really touched me. So thanks so much Jerry.


It's Saturday morning and we did sleep a bit better. Elise woke up at 3 a.m. and I made her stay in bed until 5:30. I think she was awake the entire time, but she just laid there in bed beside me. I had to make sure that I laid perfectly still so she wouldn't figure out that I was awake. I gotta say, she's being a real trooper.


A couple of tips....It's hot, hot, hot, here. If you are traveling to China in the summer time, bring some quick dry clothes. You'll be glad you did.


I'm having fits with my hot iron AGAIN. This happened to me last time I was here. If you remember what I happened, I came home with my hair an inch long all over my head. Yep, I got it wacked off. Yes, much of it was vanity and the fact that I wanted to look good for all the pictures that were still to be taken when we got Elise. So I marched myself down to the hotel salon on Gotcha Day morning and got it all wacked off. I'm trying to prevent that now. So, you might be seeing me in a pony tail the entire time.


Coffee and Tea...not a good selection of coffee and tea in our hotel room. This was not a problem the last time since we stayed at the White Swan the entire time. Should have stuck a few teabags in my luggage. It wouldn't have weighed anything.


Mystery Photo....My sister and I have started sending a mystery photo to here friend, Linda. I decided to post one here too. So, if you have a guess, make it in the comment section. Here's the photo. Hints....If you have traveled to Europe or China, you've seen one. Also, I didn't bring one with me from the US.


Just thought I'd post a few things. I need to get ready for breakfast and touring the Great Wall. It's another busy day, Great Wall, Pearl Factory, Jade Factory and Peking Duck Dinner. We better pack extra clothes for the day. We won't be back to the hotel until late.

7 comments:

Deb said...

ok, so I just figured out to leave a comment, DUH!!!

You've got me on the mystery photo my friend. Even after traveling to China with you I don't remember seeing one of these. But then again, I was a little out of it.

Can't wait to see Amelia. Give Elise a big hug and ask Steve if he has voted anyone off the island.

Tim said he would love to be there with you guys. Not adopting again, of course.

Love,
Deb

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

I know, but I will let others guess. It goes great with the beginning theme of your blog.

I have been checking in all day, thinking it will make the time go faster and I will be able to see Amelia in your arms.

Jocelyn

Leslie said...

What is that thing Kim??? Is it a blow dryer? I've been to Ukraine, and didn't see anything like that over there. You have got me wondering girlfriend.

Ruth said...

I know what it is, too - having just been to China so I will let others guess!
Enjoying following your trip so far! Can't wait 'til you have Amelia!!

Ruth

ayoung said...

Hey Kim! Its your hairdresser Amanda. I'm glad your having a good time. I see your having trouble with your flatiron. Don't forget how hard we worked on getting your hair that long. Don't give in yet. Ponytails are okay! Can't wait to see Amelia. Hopefully you bring her by since I haven't got to see Elise in person either. Tell Candy I said hi and hope to see you guys soon!!

Love-
Amanda

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Is it a water purifier?

The Browns said...

Thank you Kim.