Monday, July 30, 2007

Mystery Photo answer and another thought, "The Circle of Life"

Sunset at Apache Springs....Philmont Scout Ranch, New Mexico


The answer to the final mystery photo was "Dried Up Sea Horses". I have NO clue what they can be used for. But the amount of "dried" items that you can find in China is far reaching and bizarre, to say the least. You try not to stare, but you just can't help yourself. It's like a train wreck, you just keep looking no matter how grotesque it may be. So if anyone knows what this might be used for, please let me know.


My phone rang yesterday afternoon and I answered it even though I didn't recognize the call. Not something that I usually do, but I felt that I needed to. It was my neighbor calling to congratulate me on my new daughter. She was sweet and kind and loving, but I could hear something in her voice. So finally I asked her how she was doing and she told me that her sister had just passed away from leukemia. She was devastated and sad and heartbroken. But she took the time to call me and say how very happy she was for all of us.


She went on to say that seeing the Celebratory Balloons welcoming our daughter home on our mailbox reminded her that another little life was here to love and cherish and grow in this place we call home. She said that it was a blessing for her to see those balloons and it lifted her spirits at the precise moment that she needed it.


Thank you God for Kelly! Hold her family in the palm of your hand and give them peace and comfort during this difficult time in their lives. We praise you for showing her that the gift of life is always a soothing balm for a hurting soul.




Please keep my friend in your prayers!

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your poor neighbour. How sad. I will pray for her. I'm so glad that she saw the balloons, though. Sometimes it really helps to keep things in perspective. Thinking of her, and YOU!