Monday, July 23, 2007

Orphanage Photos

So many things can go through your mind when you see these photos. I encourage you to look at the faces of the children. Look at those smiles...they are very happy and content children. The only thing any mother could ask for.













Sleeping Beauty...





I sent two cameras to the orphanage in a care package for Amelia. I did get the two cameras back and she came to me in one of the outfits that I sent her (it fit, the other one was way too big).

I hesitated to post some of these photos. The methods they employ for physical therapy are very different than ours. I post these photos with one caveat....no matter how misguided you believe this to be, I believe they are doing the best with what they have. The nannies were very loving to Amelia.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad that you got pictures back. I have been following your journey and am so happy for you.

Blessings to you as you start your new family!

Your ladybug pal,
Rebecca

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think I would be happy to have ANY pictures of my child's life. I'm so glad you got some!

The Browns said...

Thanks for the pictures Kim. I too believe that most of the staff in the orphanages do genuinely care for the children.

During our last morning in Guatemala, as we held Emily (who was only 5 months old at the time) and waited for our plane in the airport, a Guatemalan gentlemen approached us, gazed at Emily for a few moments, then very genuinely... softly... and caringly said, "Lucky baby."

Amelia is... a "Lucky Baby".

Jerry

Team Houston said...

Hello,

I just came across your blog today. As I was reading your post from Monday, July 23rd, 2007 I noticed a little girl that looks like our little Sophie, our daughter that we are waiting for our LOA and TA. We have our pre-approval so far. They are saying we will go in around 2.5 months.

I think it is the little girl on the right of the first photo, in yellow and then the little girl in the front of the stroller. Since the orphanage took the photos did they tell you who your daughters friends were in the photo???

Her name is Ji Shi Wei. My husband and I compaired the photos and it is so close but we do not want to get our hopes up.

Can you email me back and let me know?

Here is the link to Sophie Shiwei's blog (Ji Shi Wei) since our family blog will appear on this comment:

http://ourjourneytosophie.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much, Michele

Team Houston said...

I forgot to tell you that she has two club feet. The right one is seems to be more than the left.

~Michele