Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally here....

Yes, tomorrow is Amelia's surgery. Naturally, there were a few hiccups in the original plan, but we are here, home is taken care of and now we try to sleep. I left the teenager in his Aunt's very capable hands. But guilt ridden, I baked him some brownies this morning before I left. You would have thought I left hims $1000. He must have thanked me twenty times. Then when I told him that I had scheduled his swim test for Northern Tier, he was Over-The-Top in love with me. Sometimes, I ROCK, but not very often. So goes the life of the mother of a teenager.

We have successfully made the trek to St. Louie without any a hitch. The girls enjoyed videos on the way here. Elise is capable enough to run the remote by herself, which she informed me of on numerous occasions.

I was more than happy to relinquish the reigns to that task. It's just not so easy for a woman of my age to reach into the back seat, try to look up and figure out what's going on with the overhead video player.

My little girl is growing up...not sure how I really feel about that.
We checked into a corner room-Yea! and proceeded with "The Breaking In of the Beds". Yes, the bed jumping began and ensued until we left the room for dinner. We went to a wonderful Irish Pub and stuffed ourselves. It was fabulous. The girls were free to roam a bit after spending so much time in the car and we enjoyed a libation or two. The only pitfall~Missouri still allows smoking~but we found a nice place that wasn't too bad for smoke. Thanks for the suggestion Patricia!
So now all the chicks are bathed and tucked into bed. We have to arrive at 6 a.m. St. Louis time~YIKES! I should be sleeping, but I thought I'd blog first. Steve is asleep with Millie and I get to sleep with the "Tooth grinder", better get out my earplugs! Should be a restful night ;-).



Good night from St. Louis!









No comments: