Friday, April 17, 2009

Oh where is my toothbrush????

Do you know the Veggie Tales song, "Where is my hairbrush?"? Well, Amelia has modified it to sing "toothbrush" instead of hairbrush. Yesterday was a day of searching for comfort and safety for Amelia. She clung to my finger almost constantly all afternoon. If someone walked into the room, she said, "hold my hand!!!". After awhile, I couldn't stand or stretch any longer for her to cling to my finger. She received a book yesterday afternoon and clung to that with one hand. After I brushed her teeth, she decided to cling to the toothbrush with the other. So she slept, all night I might add, holding a Diego book in one hand and a toothbrush in the other. Bizarro~that's all I can say.

As you can see, she's much perkier this morning. She had a great night, no fevers~Praise God! She's resting comfortably and for that I am thankful. The night nurses were amazing~didn't even hear them in the room. Maybe they read my blog~they knew my plans and decided to steer clear? Who knows! I don't care, it was bliss.

The doctors are still puzzled about the fevers since it is the only thing that keeps popping up. Her lungs are still clear, but she still gets the breathing treatments. We skipped the 4 a.m. treatment for obvious reasons. So we are due for another one very shortly. They may give her an antibiotic, but I hope not. Just praying the fever stays down.

Today's goal is to get her system moving...if you know what I mean. This will be problematic for Millie since she's potty trained and doesn't like going in her diaper. If she asked me once last night, she asked me 50 times if she could pee in her pants. Just imagine what's going through her mind to do the other. Poor little thing.
It's beautiful in St. Louie! We're heading to the 8th floor garden as soon as possible. I gotta get outside.






No comments: