Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post surgery update....

We're in our room and settling in. I have my slippers on and I'm all "connected". Here's what the doctor told me after the surgery:


"Recovery room ~ listening to the IPod"
"The Wiggles are the artists of choice"

Dr. Dobbs only performed the femoral osteotomies. He was so pleased with the position of the femur in the hip socket, that he didn't feel she needed the pelvic osteotomy at this point in time. There was not a great deal of blood loss so she did not need a transfusion. They will continue to monitor her blood counts in case that changes. So, the entire procedure went very well.

When I was heading into recovery to see her, they were coming after me. I guess she was having a bit of a meltdown and wanted her mama! Go figure~bless her heart. I quickly put the IPod earphones in and she quietly listened to The Wiggles. Then she wanted me to take her IV out of her hands and "get down".

They quickly moved her into a room, by herself~hoorah! I don't have a photo of the cast yet. I'll get that tomorrow~but it is purple.


I have her all snuggled in with her favorite blankets and big ole Dora balloon. She's resting very comfortably with her epidural and really only wants the IVs out.

Right now, she's watching "The Jungle Book" and eating some dinner. She's had a Popsicle and some soda. We will see how dinner goes.



Last, but not least, Steve and Elise are headed back to the 'Nati. Elise decided she needed to relax and watch TV just like Amelia was doing...like I said, she doesn't share the throne very well. Steve just phoned me a bit ago and said Elise was "out like a light".
Thank you for lifting us up. Tomorrow is cast care training. That should be a barrel of fun!
Until tomorrow~signing off from St. Louis~

1 comment:

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

Thought and prayers to all of you.