Friday, April 17, 2009

Last night in St. Louie?????

It was positively GORGEOUS in St. Louis today. I was chompin' at the bit to get outside. So as soon as Millie had her breakfast and breathing treatment, we loaded up and moved 'em out.

Transferring her to the wheelchair is a bit of a challenge but not too terribly difficult. She's still rather light~relatively speaking, so moving her isn't too bad. She's just very bulky! The biggest thing is the element of fear that crosses her face whenever I pick her up. I know this will pass as she heals more, but it still is something we have to be sensitive about.

As you can see the pictures, it was sunny on the 8th floor rooftop garden. But was it glorious, you betcha! The spring flowers were in full bloom and the air was so warm. I could have sat for hours in the swing, letting the sun warm my soul. I did pick Millie up and hold her for a bit in the swing. She was rather apprehensive, but she soon feel fast asleep as we gently swayed to and fro. It was so lovely.


The sun was so bright...

This is the swing....

After our little stroll, I headed over to Panera for a much craved sandwich and then we had ourselves a nice little nap. It's the first real nap either one of us have taken. I crawled into bed with her and we slept for almost two hours. It was bliss. I must have been tired because I don't normally sleep that close to anyone, let alone sleeping in a twin bed with a three year old in a spica cast. Millie clung to my arm the entire time.


As you can see from the photo, she's got her arms behind her head in total relaxation mode. She's back to her old self, chit chatting with everyone and singing her little songs. She even said she wanted to go home today.


Big, Cheesy Grin~A girl has to have her hairbow

We took an evening stroll around the hospital and visited the garden for another swing and headed to the ball roll machine by Dr. Dobbs office. It's just not a visit to SLC without a visit to the ball roll.
Pucker Up....



Evening in the Garden~Self-Portrait


The Ball Roll
Millie asked to go home today, so I know she's feeling better. We've stayed a bit longer than anticipated due to the fevers. But we've been 24 hours without one, so we are bustin' outta here in the morning. I'm not sure of our exact plans~travel could be precarious, so we could be slightly delayed. We'll determine that tomorrow. She is definitely feeling better, the swelling is down for the most part and only appears when she is in the wheelchair. I've had to ask for some manners because Miss Millie has gotten a little too used to being "served". I made her eat her own raisins today and she was mortified that I would even ask that of her. We shall see how long that attitude lasts once we're back in the 'Nati!
Thanks for all the healing prayers! Our Millie is a trooper! I can say "ours" because she belongs to all my prayer warriors out there too! Can't wait to get home. I've got the wheelchair, car seat , handicap permit and everything else that I think I'll need. Steve is gonna faint when he sees all this stuff.
Ruby slippers are on....{click, click}there's no place like home, there's no place like home

1 comment:

Sally-Girl! said...

Kim, We are headed to St Louis soon for our 5 year old son adopted form China. Please contact me at sallyreed@sbcglobal.net when you get a chance. I would love to talk to you.