Monday, April 27, 2009

Spicaville~Day 13

So here we are, 13 days in Spicaville and this is what I know:
1) Millie is losing weight. She weighs 30 pounds WITH the cast and she weighed 28 pounds at her 3 year appointment on 3/25/08. You can't tell this mother that cast only weighs 2 pounds~no sirree!
2) Can't get her outside in hot weather, which we have had in the 'Nati over the weekend. She gets way too hot and sweats way too much! I'm praying the weather cools off and we aren't struggling with the "I wanna go outside" tantrums.
3) Bathing and hair washing isn't so bad. We seem to have it down to a nice routine. Her cast is staying clean and dry~YOORAH!
4) Millies appetite is way off (see #1). We were warned that she would need to eat frequent, small meals. I could understand that if the cast was tight, but I can fit hand hands all the way through the cast now. So, I know it is not too tight. Looks like I'm going to have to start finding some high calorie things for her to ear~Lucky Girl!
5) She's sitting up straighter in the wheelchair which makes it easier to put her at the regular kitchen table. I have her strapped in with bright green luggage straps (thanks Joan!). She looks very colorful!
6) We are off the meds except for a little bit of Tylenol when she goes to bed at night. She's sleeping very well too~for that I am very thankful!
7) Millie's frustration level gets really bad when other kids are running around. This makes for difficult socializing with Elise and her friends. Still trying to sort that issue out.
8) Finally, I'd like to say we have a nice rhythm going here but the second I do that, it will all fall apart. So for now I will say we are doing pretty well.

Thanks to all my friends that are feeding us! It really does help~you just can't imagine how much I appreciate it.

Blowing bubbles with Baba

The Sweaty, Outdoor look


This girl LOVES water way too much!



Enjoying the deck with Mama



Enjoying a "tea party" at the kitchen table


1 comment:

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

I know you said you were making her smoothies, is that helping with the calorie intake? Is it in-activity that has made her lose her appitite?

When Emma went in for her surgery in early Dec. she was 30lbs. When we went back for a visit she was 29lbs. and today she is 30lbs. I think she just leveled off and does not eat as much. Emma was 4 in early Feb. I think the photos of Millie look good. She appears to be a happy, healthy little girl.